Landscaping may not be the first thing that comes to mind when selling your home in autumn. However, the outside of your home is still the first thing buyers see, so it’s worth exploring ways to update your landscaping to create a cozy and welcoming feel.
Here are just a few ideas:
- Add potted plants: Potted plants are an easy way to make your outdoors more attractive, especially along walkways and around your front door. And, because they’re potted, they can quickly be removed should the weather turn inclement.
- Keep it Tidy: As leaves begin to fall, make sure to rake them up and keep your lawn and landscaping looking neat and tidy. This will help potential buyers see the full potential of your outdoor space without being distracted by clutter.
- Light it Up: As the days get shorter, outdoor lighting can be a great way to showcase your home’s exterior. Consider adding some string lights to your patio or walkway, or installing some spotlights to highlight your landscaping.
- Emphasize Outdoor Living: There is a growing trend for enjoying outdoor living well into the fall. So, emphasize your outdoor living spaces by adding comfortable seating or updating your patio furniture to make it suitable for cooler days and evenings.
- Add Seasonal Accents: After marketing photos are taken, add some seasonal accents to your landscaping can help create a cohesive look. Consider adding some pumpkins or gourds to your front porch, or incorporating some autumnthemed decor into your outdoor spaces.
By following these autumn landscaping tips, you can help make your home more attractive to potential buyers. So, embrace the changing seasons and use your landscaping to create a warm and inviting atmosphere that buyers will love.